*** NEW HERE?
Click HERE for the "Read Before You Start" section to get started! ***

Monday, September 6, 2010

Rhino Riches Appears to Be Still Down - Or Gone?

(* UPDATE 09/23/2010: Rhino Riches is back up now.)

Well, Rhino Riches appears to still be gone missing - or just gone, I don't know - so I just wanted to post a quick note and apologize for having a dead link in the top GPT sites on the Quick List, and dead link on here as well for what was one of my top paying and longest paying sites.

I'd asked around a bit in one of the forums as to whether anyone knew anything when I first discovered the site had expired (which often in the GPT/etc world just means the owner had forgotten to pay their server bill), and been told this had happened a few times this year and the site always came back up, and had been aware the owner had a lot of offline personal issues going on. So after what I was told, I decided to wait a little while longer.

But it's been a pretty good while now, so I think I'm going to wait another week or so and then probably remove it from the active list if nothing's changed by then - and really, with the unreliability there's been this year apparently, not feeling all that comfortable about leaving it on the active sites anyway even if it does pop back up.

Kind of sorry to see this happen as I've been promoting this one as a trustworthy and honest paying site, and at 2+ years, it's certainly an established site by now - or was - but after this long and with no word sent out, I would guess chances are good it's not coming back, and after this long down it's difficult for a site to get very active again even when it does come back up after an expiration or a long time otherwise "away".

If it doesn't return, I don't have much money in there - a dollar and some change in balance, and $10 or less in remaining advertising, I guess - as always, it concerns me about others who may have more to potentially lose, and I have to admit in this case I'm a little perturbed about the rather high "coins" (points) balance I had that I was hoping to be able to redeem before too long.

I guess we'll see. Unfortunately (as you already know if you've been doing this for long), this happens sometimes and sometimes the owners show back up and make things right, and unfortunately some of them have disappeared and never shown back up. My apologies to any of my referrals that have much balance in there, hoping for the best for any and all members affected, should this disappearance turn out not to have a good ending.

Things like this have certainly been at least partially a reason for why I don't spend a lot of time and effort these days on very many other sites besides the longtime, established and more "corporate" type sites such as MatrixMails, ClixSense, LinkGrand, WordLinx, AdPaid, Hits4Pay, Deals 'n' Cash, to name a few. Far too many of the privately owned, more "mom-and-pop" type GPT and PTC sites have just up and disappeared, sometimes never to return and with no word from the owner ever again, and every time it happens it hurts virtually everyone - members and other owners who are trying to do right.

Let's hope for the best in this case. I'll give it until about the middle of the month or so, but at that point it will have been weeks or even months, and I don't think there's any choice but to believe it's probably gone for good at that point.

(Certainly if anyone reading has any illuminating information, please leave a comment and thanks...)
.

No comments:

Photobucket

The Most Popular Traffic Exchange

Opinions and reviews of websites and programs listed on this site are based on my personal experiences and information collected and reviewed from other members of those sites only. Your results using these sites may be different.

Disclaimer: Some of the links mentioned within the posts on this site are my affiliate/referral links, and in such case I may get compensated for recommending those products or websites. However, I will never recommend something that I don't personally believe in on the date originally posted, and recommended sites and programs that fail to maintain quality standards are removed from the active lists regularly. I welcome your questions and feedback.

© 2008-2016 Miss Money Hunter