*** NEW HERE?
Click HERE for the "Read Before You Start" section to get started! ***

Friday, August 21, 2009

News & Updates, August 21st 2009

Wow, where'd the last ten days go? Between being sick last week and busy busy busy for a few weeks now, time just slipped away from me. Lots of stuff to catch up on so let's get started.

BankRollBucks is no longer accepting new members from Canada, Australia, and the UK. This is only because there are just not that many offers for those countries available, so the admin had to make a hard decision to disallow further signups from those countries. This is for new members only, all current members from those countries still retain their accounts.

The admin of CashMakingMonkies announced it will close on September 1st. If you have reached $5 or more there, you need to go cash out before the end of the month. No signup bonuses will be paid out.

The admin had sent out an email asking members for suggestions or feedback as the site has apparently been slow all summer, but before I had a chance to respond, the next thing I knew there was the email announcement the site was closing. I wrote some time ago about what I felt were questionable changes at the site, so it didn't really come as a surprise that the site was closing.

When other sites are lowering their cashout minimums to $5 and/or changing their payout terms to weekly and things like that, it's maybe not the best decision to raise cashout to a $20 level or tack on other terms (percentage of cashouts being in offers, percentage being X amount of what your referrals make, etc., etc.) that make things more difficult than other sites make it for their members. I had pretty frequent signups to the site until the cashout was raised - at a time when about four or five large and popular sites dropped their cashouts from $10 or more down to $5 - and then my signups for there dropped to next to none, and most of the referrals I had there disappeared.

There are more sites besides this one that have made (or brought to attention) similar changes in terms and I find it a little puzzling - I realize a lot of GPT sites out there are struggling and the affiliate payments have been particularly bad this summer, but honestly, unless nearly every other site out there is making the same kinds of changes in terms, and especially as long as other sites are lowering instead of raising minimum cashouts or changing to weekly payments and things like that - it just isn't going to do a site very well to offer less benefits to their members and without much difficulty (like the percentage requirements). If other sites are making it easier for members to cash out, then naturally those sites are going to draw more members and activity. And I can say without a doubt that when a site I've promoted raises its cashout, that site's banners no longer get clicked here - whereas when a site has lowered cashout or changed to weekly pay, I usually see a lot more activity on those links.

Anyway, enough of that (for now). Other site changes and news -

GPTCashCow now has weekly payments and the cashout lowered to $3 (the previous signup bonus has been removed in light of these changes). Check payment option has been removed as well, payment now by PayPal and Amazon or Wal-Mart gift certificate/card only ($5 cashout on GCs). Earnings on trial offers will still be held for 30 days due to high fraud issues. Also, for every new referral that has one offer approved, the referrer now receives a $0.25 bonus. So these are all neat changes for GPTCashCow. :)

Cartoon-Clicks has been sold again (as has Peace and Love GPT), and normally I would remove it from the active list but the new owner Ann (no relation to former owner two sales back named Ann) seems to be very active and proactive so I'm leaving it up on the active list for now. Upon the sale, the site changed to weekly payments - if you request payment by 10pm EST Friday, you'll be paid on Monday. Cashout at Cartoon-Clicks is $10.

Ads for All now offers payments by PayPal and AlertPay.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something else I meant to post about, but that's all I had in my Notepad notes so there we are for now. I've just been so busy lately I've been a real slacker regarding pay sites and I'm trying to get back on a more "normal" schedule to get my ad viewing daily in and all that stuff.

So with that all said, wanted to remind you all that Jessica pretty much keeps up to date with up to the minute news about most of the sites in the community daily, so be sure and bookmark her blog if you haven't already.

Have a good weekend and more stuff as soon as I get a chance to breathe again, ugh. I've been so busy not only are my GPT/PTC/PTR earnings suffering but so am I from lack of sleep!

One more thing to post and then I'm outta here 'til next week. Have a great weekend, everyone!

UPDATE: Well, that's interesting. I was pretty sure I didn't have $5 over there, but apparently the CashMakingMonkies admin has already cleaned out the database as I discovered my account has already been deleted - even though I just got the email announcing the closing YESTERDAY. Well, whatever.

I'll be removing links and adding updated info as above on the other sites to remaining links shortly.
.

No comments:

Photobucket

The Most Popular Traffic Exchange

Opinions and reviews of websites and programs listed on this site are based on my personal experiences and information collected and reviewed from other members of those sites only. Your results using these sites may be different.

Disclaimer: Some of the links mentioned within the posts on this site are my affiliate/referral links, and in such case I may get compensated for recommending those products or websites. However, I will never recommend something that I don't personally believe in on the date originally posted, and recommended sites and programs that fail to maintain quality standards are removed from the active lists regularly. I welcome your questions and feedback.

© 2008-2016 Miss Money Hunter