*** NEW HERE?
Click HERE for the "Read Before You Start" section to get started! ***

Saturday, November 29, 2008

AcePTC Temporarily Closed & Notes About Other PTCs

I had not yet reviewed this site here, but I joined as a member of AcePTC not too long ago through another online money blogger. I had noticed a week or two ago the site was down due to hacking problems, and now swung by there this weekend only to find this message on the site:
Following a hack of our site and some mistake by our manager Darren we cannot operate AcePTC to this standard we have before.

I am sorry to members for this but i must close this site for maybe 3 months until i can come back to england and fix this.

I will send e mail to everyone when i am open again. I think this will be in January. Marek K.
So, disappointing to see once yet again in the PTC world and who knows, maybe it will return.

I am still smarting a little over ClixMX's closing and the way the site owner handled that one. I had just shortly before that noticed I was doing pretty well over there and was considering upgrading (and probably would have if they had offered monthly subscriptions as an option instead of only yearly), and had made the cashout minimum and had around $11-12, and then the site owner announced the closing and stating they would not pay free members. Dude can say he's not a scammer all he wants (which he said), but if you refuse to pay people who have participated on your site in good faith and change your TOS only when you decide to close at the drop of a hat - you're a scammer, all right. I don't know about you guys, but the way things are going these days with the economy, $11 or $12 sometimes means the difference whether I eat more than three or four days a week or not. I generally only eat a meal once a day, but still - that $11 or $12 could have probably lasted me two weeks, certainly one week . So yeah, whether the owner wants to admit it or not, ClixMX turned out to be a scam in the end. That whole closing thing was just handled really poorly, in my opinion.

And then there's the long list of those that were great but changed their terms to something not too great, as well as the ones that have disappeared or gone down for indeterminate lengths of time and never come back.

In any case, it's certainly no wonder I am hesitant these days to join any new PTCs, and don't spend as much time or effort on some as I do the ones that are tried & true, and established and not going anywhere (WordLinx, ClixSense, LinkGrand, Clicksia), or ones that were recommended by those whose opinions I respect or are owned by people I trust (Clix N' Cash, SandraClicks, PT Clickers, Click 4 More Ads, or DealBarbieDollarClick and ReadersPond, which are multifunctional but have great PTC).

I also am pretty pleased with how well AdverBux has improved lately with offering more ads and site remodeling, and am still there daily or almost. I don't do a lot of "bux" sites, but this one has been a good one for me and it's different from many of the others, in a good way.

I still feel pretty secure, for now, about Financial Freedom Ads at this point, though a recent message from the site owner about the tentative future of the site was a little disturbing and it has a reputation for slow payments. But on the other hand, the site owner has also lowered upgrade fees to a level more in line with other established PTCs ($10 a year and up), which may further improve things there and keep it sustainable so we'll see. After Christmas, I may spring for the upgrade and see how it goes.

PTCs are great and certainly probably the easiest way to make money online via this industry, though slower to build a balance, but it's certainly not been historically the most reliable sector of the GPT/PTR/PTC industry. The saying "don't spend more than you can afford to lose" is always a good one to stand by when it comes to upgrades and such - because, of course, EVERYBODY wants you to upgrade or invest otherwise - but we all know for most of us there's only so much extra money to go around to spend.

So if you stick with the tried and true and established, or otherwise trustworthy, and invest wisely when it comes to upgrades & referrals, you should be all right when it comes to PTCs. WordLinx and ClixSense aren't going anywhere, and their $10 upgrades for an entire year - that's a no-brainer. You will make so much more money both places if upgrades, and you will most definitely get paid again and again.

If you're interested in getting into buying and renting referrals, Jessica has a lot of good experience to share about the various PTC sites that offer those options.

Me, I'm mainly sticking with the tried & true and the ones I feel secure about for now, and carefully watching what others say about their experiences with other PTCs before I check out new (to me) ones. The PTC industry has become so tentative lately and things change so much all over from month to month, maybe I will just start posting a "PTC Hall of Fame" post every month or something like that to keep up with which ones I still feel good about recommending; I still need to do some housecleaning here on the site regarding a couple I am no longer really recommending.

In any case, everyone loves PTCs - they're SO easy to earn money with, compared to the more time-consuming offer sites, and SO easy to earn with, just like the paid mail/PTR sites that I love and work daily (MatrixMails, Hits4Pay, DealsNCash, ReadersPond, AdPaid, EasyAdBucks, Take the Internet Back, DonkeyMails, No-Minimum, Fishing4Mails).

But you definitely have to stay alert on the buzz with PTCs and be prepared somewhat for anything to happen. As I said, stick with some of the tried & true, established, and otherwise trustworthy like the ones I listed above, upgrade & invest wisely, and you'll probably see a regular profit.

Others - be prepared for anything until proven and established, I'd have to say at this point.
.

No comments:

Photobucket

The Most Popular Traffic Exchange

Opinions and reviews of websites and programs listed on this site are based on my personal experiences and information collected and reviewed from other members of those sites only. Your results using these sites may be different.

Disclaimer: Some of the links mentioned within the posts on this site are my affiliate/referral links, and in such case I may get compensated for recommending those products or websites. However, I will never recommend something that I don't personally believe in on the date originally posted, and recommended sites and programs that fail to maintain quality standards are removed from the active lists regularly. I welcome your questions and feedback.

© 2008-2016 Miss Money Hunter